There are options when it comes to buying scales. The answers to the following questions can make a significant impact on your long term satisfaction with the purchase of a scale kit.
What is the warranty on this product?
- Find out how many years weigh bars/load cells and scale indicators are warrantied.
- FYI: Scale-Tec offers a full 3 year warranty from manufacture date on all Digi-Star and Avery Weigh-Tronix weigh bars and indicators.
What paint type and finishing process are used on the brackets in this kit?
- Be cautious of buying components that are not both blasted and painted. For paint that lasts in the elements, avoid anything finished in a latex paint.
- Differences in finish/paint may not be immediately apparent, but 2-3 years down the road there is a major difference in how these parts look. Consider future trade value.
- FYI: Scale-Tec uses professional welders and finishers. Brackets are blasted and powder coated
Are the weigh bars in this kit calibrated to a specific point or to a range?
- Accuracy powers profitability. Only invest in a weigh bar that is calibrated to a specific point.
Am I choosing a system that I am comfortable operating?
- Know your indicator goal before you begin shopping. What do you want your scale to do?
- Be honest about your comfort level with technology when speaking with sales staff.
When is service available?
- What hours are service available?
- FYI: Scale-Tec prides themselves in providing excellent service:
- We have personnel available for service by phone from 7:30 AM-5:00 PM Central Time Monday-Friday and phone service on Saturday mornings during the busiest seasons of farming.
- Scale-Tec has trouble-shooting videos and calibration instructional videos online that often allow problems to be solved without talking to anyone.
- Scale-Tec’s locations in both Iowa and Ohio offer walk-in scale service and repair.